Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Padme's love and compassion for Anakin cost her her life

"I've been dying a little every day since you came back into my life". Everyone knows know this line from AOTC where Padme reveals her love to Anakin just before entering the Arena where they would probably face death.

In the AOTC novel I read Padme had hopes and dreams of getting married and having a family. A normal family. But marrying Anakin was not the path to having a normal family. He was a Jedi, a person who wasn't supposed to have a family life, love or children and she knew this and still married him. He was away alot, a hardship for her I'm sure but she was strong and loved him so that she quietly stood around waiting for him forgetting all she previously hoped and dreamed for in her life. Or did she wish and hope that Anakin was the person to share these dreams with in her life. Her love for Anakin took her to her grave.

That's one mighty love. How does a person LOVE THAT MUCH!!! But then again, we're talking about a GFFA and it's not real. Or is it???

A few years ago I had hopes and dreams of living a quiet life now that my children are grown and able to take care of themselves. I wanted my own apartment something I've never had, so to speak...I've lived alone but raised kids. I dreamt of not having to deal anymore with kids consantly, more economic freedom..older people spend less especially on food. I dreamt of a neat "at all times" apartment. Never having to deal with sick children or homework again. I never thought I would have opinioned, needy grown children in my life at my age.

But somehow my dreams have been thrown to the wayside through no fault of my own. If the love and welfare of a loved one (or ones) has changed your way of life, changed your dreams what are you to do? Tell that person goodbye, farwell, don't call me, I'll call you? Or do you keep on trucking down the path that is set before you b/c you know that if you don't help that person(s) their live(s) will become a disaster and who could live with the guilt of knowing you abandoned that person(s) in their times of need just so you could continue your planned course or dreams in life. Anyway the person (s) could find you no matter where you go.

I'm sure many people have had to put their dreams on hold b/c real life had other plans for them. It's not anyones fault...it just happens.

I've often thought why didn't Padme hightail her pregnant butt out of Courasant go to Naboo and hide in the lake country somewhere? What was Padme's purpose in going to Mustafar after hearing all the evil doings Anakin had done from Obi-Wan a trusted friend?

LOVE, that's why??? So Padme died physically in the GFFA. But if these things happen in real life...a part of you dies along with your hopes and dreams.

MTFBWU ALL

No comments: