Wednesday, July 04, 2007

INVENTORY TIME.....TOYS HIDING OUT IN MY CLOSET

At the end of every year I like to clean my closet. Take the clothes I have not worn in the year, fold them in a neat pile and if they are in good condition take them to the Salvation Army. It's my way of getting rid of the clutter in my closet. As I get older I feel the need to get rid of the excess, "travel light". Except when it comes to SW stuff.

My SW "collection" now sits all over my closet. Notice the quotation marks around the word collection. That's b/c it's really not much as I have just started this "madness" 7 months ago. At this time I can't put them on display anywhere in my home.......can't play with them out in the open either. You all know I have 2 grandchildren living with me and 3 year old Che loves SW. That means anything SW he sees, he wants. He can't read yet, but he sure knows the SW logo when he sees it. The toys in my closet are off limits but they sometimes call him and when I'm not looking he gets in there and grabs something. When he sees I have noticed he has one, he goes running and I run after him. "Oh no, that's mine" I say and he yells "no, mine". I go get my daughter and complain to her "your son was in my closet again". Only when it comes to my SW toys is he "her son", otherwise he's "my grandson". It's hilarious watching us run around the house. Him hiding from me with the SW goody he found and me running after him and my daughter running after me telling me "let him play with it for a while". Which I do, but I watch him like a hawk eyeballing his next meal. I won't take my eyes off him until he gets tired of it and as soon as he lets it go, I grab it and return it to its dark place in my closet. I can only take them out to play late at night when he's sleeping. I have another Lego to build, a TIE fighter that I'll probably put together after midnight on Dec. 24. This way I won't feel useless while my daughter is assembling all the "assembly needed" toys Santa brings for the kids.

I'm going to take an inventory of my toys and type it out here in my journal before I put them in a box. I'm hoping by mid-year 2007 to find some kind of cabinet with glass doors that has a lock where I can put all my SW stuff. I'll put it on display somewhere in my home.....and let the fighting begin.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!

MTFBWU ALL

No comments: